Monday, June 20, 2011

The Nightly Routine

This is a pretty typical view of my house after I've put the kids to bed. I'm definitely a work before play type of person, and I can't relax at night until three key things are done: one) the dishes and kitchen are cleaned up, two) the dining room is de-crudded, and three) the family room (living room? What's the difference?) is picked up.



(things you may not be able to see in this picture: a pair of my old high heels that Story likes to wear, a piece of the newspaper under a chair, tons of crumbs and sticky spots at Story's place at the table, and lots more toys)


(poor Simba...)



And now, I can relax! I give you, ORGANIZATION!





Oh man, it feels so good. In short, toys were picked up, the dishwasher is running, a big satisfying pile of Story's books is stacked neatly in the family (living?) room, and the coffee is prepped for the morning. And now if you will excuse me, there is a pint of Ben & Jerry's waiting for me that I told myself I couldn't have until I posted something.

1 comment:

  1. Kate, I've been saying the word "organizasm" wrong this WHOLE time. I've been saying "organazam"! Now that I know that's wrong I'm having a very difficult time figuring out how to say it correctly!

    ReplyDelete